Spread the Good News
Your Church and After School Good News Club serving children and families in the public school
- 390,000 children in North Jersey (Bergen, Essex, Passaic, Morris, Sussex and Warren Counties)
- 85% of decisions for Christ are made before age 15
- 80% of children do not attend any church or Sunday School regularly
- Bible illiteracy in our nation and our area
June 11, 2001, Supreme Court hands down Equal Access decision: CEF’s Good News Club may meet on public school property after school hours the same as any other club or organization. The door is open to reach and teach the children in your community.
Fulfill the Great Commission at your doorstep!
1. Select a public school(s) God leads you to adopt.
2. Consider the public school as part of your community outreach by doing these things in/with the club:
- Make announcements about upcoming events for your church at the club.
- Hand out invitations for church functions at the club.
- Pastors, children’s workers etc. can visit the club, pray at the club.
3. Responsibilities of your church to CEF:
- Pray regularly for the endeavor from the pulpit, in prayer meetings, etc.
- Form a volunteer team from within your congregation to participate in the public school club.
- Receive unchurched children and families into your church.
- Contribute financially as God enables.
4. Responsibilities of CEF to your church:
- Train club volunteers. This training will also benefit other areas of children’s ministry in your church.
- Provide all necessary children’s materials for volunteers to conduct club.
- Accomplish administrative responsibilities associated with opening a Good News Club.
- Provide opportunities for information, celebration, Q&A.
- Further accomplishment of the Great Commission in your community
- New children/families added to your church (not transfers)
- Increased missions vision in your church for those who participate
Interested in Learning More? Contact Us Today!