- Please pray for salvation of the children in your own municipality.
- Ask the Lord to awaken the hearts of His people to the spiritual needs of the children.
- Ask the Lord to call men and women to serve on North Jersey Chapter committee.
- Pray that the Lord of the Harvest would send more volunteers to serve with CEF reaching boys and girls through club ministry, both in summer 5-Day Clubs and in weekly Good News Clubs during the school year.
- Financial resources are needed. Pray that the Lord would provide abundantly to not only maintain, but to grow the ministry.
- We need more staff to expand the ministry to reach more children. Pray that God would call those who have a heart for God, for the work and the skills needed to form an effective ministry team.
- Pray for good contacts with local churches who will see the need to reach the children and families in their communities and mobilize to begin outreach, especially through Good News Clubs and 5-Day Clubs.
- Pray that each Good News Club will be supported by a team of dedicated prayer partners. (If you'd be interested in praying for a specific Good News Club, please contact Twyla and she'll connect with a club leader.)
- Please pray for Twyla as she directs the local work. She needs faith, wisdom, creativity, boldness and stamina as she prioritizes her time and efforts.
- Pray for Jim Gutacker, State Director, as he and the State Board oversee the work of CEF in New Jersey.
- Pray for Reese Kauffman, CEF President, and the executive leadership team at CEF International Headquarters as they provide leadership for this global ministry.
April Prayer Requests & Praises
- Pray for our 23 Teaching Children Effectively Level 1 students as they complete their coursework during the first two weeks of April.
- Pray for wisdom and creativity as Twyla and the committee plan for fall events to raise both awareness of the ministry and needed funds.
- Pray that God would provide an intern to serve this summer--both in direct ministry to kids and in other areas.
- Praise God for The Chapel's student ministries missions team who will be serving with us in Paterson this summer. Pray for these students and adult leaders as they prepare to serve.
- Pray for the CEF team as we plan for the day of training for our Summer Ministry in Paterson.
- We'll be holding our Annual Appreciation Breakfast on May 4th with a special 50th anniversary focus. Please pray as we put all the details together--that God would be honored, our supporters, prayer partners and volunteers would know how much we appreciate them and that all would be encouraged in their service to the Lord.
- Pray for details to come together for a special benefit concert this fall.
- Some of our Good News Clubs are wrapping up for the year. Please pray for the children who attend these clubs. For some, the only spiritual teaching and encouragement they receive is through club. Pray for them to spend time with their Heavenly Father each day as they pray and read their Bibles and devotional books.
- Pray for evangelistic Easter Parties taking place in our Good News Clubs and other locations. Pray for our teams as they plan and prepare and for children's hearts to be receptive to the Gospel.
- Pray for each of our Good News Club teams--some are continuing into May and June. This can be a challenging time of year (spring fever)! Pray that kids will continue to attend and to learn to know God better.
From Good News Clubs
From Bergen County:
- For more teachers and helpers for next year!!!
- For strength to finish the year well.
- For those kids who have not yet trusted Christ to do so before club ends.
- For those kids who have trusted Christ to desire to serve Him.
- For those kids who will be moving away to find another place to continue growing in Christ. Two students are moving to Florida. Another child recently moved to another country where Christians may not worship publicly.
From Paterson, Passaic County
- As we come to the end of the school year, that the children would be attentive and the Holy Spirit would work in their hearts and minds; that the unsaved would believe in Jesus as their Savior, and that the saved would read their Bibles and pray and learn more about our loving God and become closer to Him.
From Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County
- Abundant praises that the Lord carried us through despite the opposition cast upon the club at the start. We are so thankful that our God calmed the storm as we looked to Him. The prayers lifted up by all of you were a heavenly gift! We are so very thankful!
- Prayers for the GNC celebration this Sunday(4/7) at Bunnvale Chapel, our supporting church. All family and friends of the GNC students are invited to an afternoon of VBS with the Good News shared with all. We pray the Lord’s blessing and protection over all with the joy of the Lord to abound! May the Holy Spirit speak to the parent’s hearts exhorting them to bring their children to this or another Bible teaching church.
- Prayers for C. who wants to attend church but her parents do not take her.
- Prayers that the Holy Spirit would continue to draw the children into a closer and closer relationship with Jesus. May the children faithfully pray to the Lord, read their Bibles, and trust Him in every part of their lives. May they grow in the grace and the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ!